Sun, 24 Jan 2021

WELLINGTON, Dec. 2 (Xinhua) -- New Zealand reported one new case of COVID-19 in managed isolation on Wednesday. There are no new community cases.

This person is a member of the foreign cricket squad and was one of the three cases reported as under investigation on Tuesday. They have now been confirmed to have an active COVID-19 infection. The two other cases remain under investigation, according to the Ministry of Health.

The team is not allowed to train until the Canterbury District Health Board medical officer of health determines they are satisfied that any training activities are unlikely to transmit COVID-19, said a ministry statement.

One previously reported case has now recovered, so the total number of active cases in New Zealand remains at 72. The country's total number of confirmed cases is 1,704, it said.

More Auckland News

Access More

Sign up for Auckland News

a daily newsletter full of things to discuss over drinks.and the great thing is that it's on the house!